Thursday, August 2, 2012

NO MORE CRUTCHES!!!!

That's right! Today I got the OK from my PT that I do not need crutches unless I am going long distances! This may be the most exciting news I have had in 2 years!!!!! I have been on and off crutches for the past year and been constantly on them for the past 3 months. I feel like I have my independence back!! Today is such a huge milestone in my recovery process. However, like I have said before I really need to be careful and not do too much. This is the time where I can get ahead of myself and get injured.

On the other hand, last night I had the first dream where I wasn't on crutches (foreshadowing maybe?). I didn't need them at all and I was in a race where I was biking for 26 miles! And I finished! I felt so accomplished in this dream and had the support of all my family and friends there to cheer me on. I think this was a good sign. One day I will complete a Triathlon! It may not be for a few years but one day I WILL FINISH IT! That is my goal right now.

I can finally see the light at the end of this long, dark, dreary tunnel!

No comments:

Post a Comment