Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Doctor Appointment Update

I went to my surgeon today. He said that the only thing I really need to be worried about is that I am having some pain in the groin muscles. He thinks this could be from the nerves or from the muscles just being very tight. I'm hoping it's from the tight muscles because otherwise, it might not go away. I still am numb on my thigh which will probably take about 2 years to come back if it comes back at all. I also should not be squatting or doing any kind of squat movement because I am susceptible right now to tear my labrum again. This is very good to know since I have been doing this in PT a lot! It always hurt a little bit and now I know why.

The good thing is I CAN WEAR HEELS AGAIN!!!! You have no idea how happy this makes me. I have been drooling over all the heels in my closet and in the store because I want to wear them so bad! I'm so excited that I don't have to worry about that anymore!

Right now I still can't run. He said that I should focus on the elliptical and the treadmill. I can't do any road running for about a year...that means no running 5Ks anytime soon :(

I also have rotator cuff tendinitis in my shoulder due to the overuse of my upper extremities after surgery....ugh! It does seem to be getting better. I have added exercises for this with my physical therapist to get that back to normal. Not being able to rotate my shoulder= no swimming. Ugh, it sucks.

Right now I'm feel like I'm in a stage of recovery where everything is falling apart. My groin muscles hurt, my shoulder hurts, my back hurts, etc. A couple days ago I really was feeling discouraged because I felt like I have gone so far and just hit a wall in recovery. However, every day gets better and I just have to get through this part. Once my shoulder is healed up, I can start swimming again. I think once that goes away I will feel much better.

Also, I don't see the surgeon again until NEXT SUMMER!! It feels so far away! I can't wait until then because I'm guessing that is the appointment where he tells me I can run on the street again! Yay!

Here's a picture of my scar: 4 months and 18 days after PAO.


No comments:

Post a Comment