Monday, February 27, 2012

SET THE DATE!

I finally set the date for my surgery! May 14th!!!!!! It's three months away and I'm really nervous. However, to keep myself feeling better I have been doing different things to get prepared:
  • Started swimming to get in better shape and strengthen my muscles
  • Started doing morning and evening hip strengthening exercises that were approved by my PT
  • Started taking Vitamin D and Calcium
  • Started using Shea Butter every morning on my hip where the scar is going to be (to hopefully reduce the appearance of the scar)
Like I said, I'm pretty nervous that this is all happening so soon. However, I am so glad that everything is set in stone because I can finally plan around it. Right now I don't have anything to do until May 7th when I go in for pre-surgery testing. To keep sane, I'm going to concentrate on strengthening my hip and doing everything I can to be 100% by May.

~Mary Lynn

2 comments:

  1. I've been reading a lot of blogs and websites lately and was excited to see your scheduled surgery date is the day before my PAO is schedule. My pains bad enough exercise is mostly out but I'm trying to strengthen my good leg and triceps for improved use of the crutches. I look forward to following your progres along with mine. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope your surgery goes well! Today marks 30 days away! I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete