Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Feeling coming back

Yesterday started the new wave of pain. It feels like a sin curve. Up and down, up and down. It has been like this for the past year. Obviously right after surgery was the peak. The pain has been going down since then. Until, yesterday it went right back up. I have been numb in part of my hip since surgery. I couldn't feel anything on certain parts of my skin and I was starting to get that feeling back the other day. The nurse told me that the nerves had to rebuild themselves. Well, I found out that it wasn't only my skin that was numb. I'm gaining feeling back in my pelvic bone as well. It HURTS! Unfortunately, I had to start taking my pain meds again. I know that this is a good sign though because everything is healing. Regaining feeling is a good thing, I just wish it wasn't regaining pain. I'll work through it. This experience is definitely a difficult one. One of the other hip chicks described it perfectly. This surgery is "not one for the weak". It tests all your emotional and physical limits. After this experience is over, I know that I am going to have gained so much strength not only in my hip but also emotionally.

1 comment:

  1. You seem to be progressing well.... It does take time... Hang in there! Soon you will be running again! Beth :)

    ReplyDelete