Friday, June 8, 2012

Is it over yet?

I'm at the point of recovery where I wish I did my time and it was over. It's been a little over 3 weeks since my surgery. Don't get me wrong, I'm progressing wonderfully and am way farther than I thought I would be. However, I still wish I could do things that I used to. It's funny how you don't realize the little things until you can't do them anymore. For instance, carrying things (my crutches take up my hands so I can't carry anything around), lying on your side at night or even moving around at all at night (I can only lie on my back and it could be possibly one of the most frustrating things!), standing/walking unassisted, walking up stairs, etc. There are many things lately that I wish I could do. I wish I could swim, I wish I could run, I wish I could dance. However, what keeps me going in KNOWING that this recovery will get me back to "normal". I wasn't able to do these things for almost a year now. I was getting progressively worse throughout the year before my surgery. I am finally on the way to recovery and the way to being able to walk (fingers crossed) without pain. I've spent 9 years dealing with this problem. The last year being the worst. It has really helped me grow as a person and given me many experiences that otherwise I wouldn't have had. However, at this point in time, I'm ready for it to be over. When I am able to completely walk unassisted I am going to have a huge party! It is going to be one of the most exciting times of my life! I can't wait until then.
However, I am very thankful that I have had such a wonderful recovery so far. I see the surgeon next Tuesday for the first time since surgery. I'm ready to talk to him and get some more information on what I'm in for.
Your hip is located in the center of your body. So if you move your legs the wrong way, it hurts. If you move your torso the wrong way, it hurts. Sometimes I just feel like I can't move comfortably at all! It's so frustrating. I can't do weight bearing on my hip for 10-12 weeks after surgery based on bone healing. That means I still have 9-10 weeks of no weight bearing! Seems like forever right now. I'm going to be so happy in the future when I look back on this post and think how far I've come.

No comments:

Post a Comment