Wednesday, May 30, 2012

16 days POST PAO!

I've been doing so great recovering! I'm really impressed on my progress and how much I am able to do! I did find out today that I am not suppose to be doing any active hip exercises, which someone failed to tell my PT! I stopped doing them and hopefully I didn't hurt anything. Every day I can feel the progress, however. I'm getting stronger and my range of motion in the joint is increasing. So far I've been out of the house a few times! It was Memorial Day weekend so I've gone to bonfires, cookouts, shopping etc! I'm still being really careful though! Right now is the time where someone can think they can do more than they really can. I need to keep telling myself that I still need to keep myself limited to what I'm suppose to do and not go to far.

I always loved when other bloggers told me some tips on what they needed for their recovery so here you go:

-Underwear (boy short style) that is 1-2 sizes bigger than usual for the swelling
-Crutch pillows (I bought them at Walgreens and they help so much!)
-Grabber
-Back Scratcher (since you can't really reach your legs/feet very well)
-Shorts/Pants that are usually used for maternity (they have a band on top so it doesn't hurt the incision)
-Good living room chair to sit in with enough support and arms
-Pill organizer (I take meds every four hours so its nice to have something to organize everything!)
-Fan (I found that when I get hot I get sick from the pain meds. Keeping a fan on makes me feel a whole lot better!)
-Family/Friend support (you need a lot of help in the beginning)
-Shower chair

What I'm most excited about today is that I finally got my X-rays from during surgery!!! I can finally see my internal body bling!!!



2 comments:

  1. Will your screws come out? I have mine in a shadow box frame! They are BIG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not getting them out. The doctor said I didn't need to. But I would TOTALLY do that too if I was! That is such a good idea to put them in a shadow box.

    ReplyDelete