Monday, May 21, 2012

Coming HOME!

I was discharged on Friday (4 days after surgery!). I felt great and was so excited to be home. Luckily I only live 40 minutes from the hospital. I'm glad because the pain medication can make me a little car sick. I got into the car fine. I ended up scooting backwards onto the bench seat in the back of my boyfriend's car and had my left leg resting flat. This was the easiest way to get in. Getting out, however, was a different story. I had to maneuver myself around and get out of the door I was resting on. It was difficult, but I did it!

My hospital bed was set up right as we were pulling up to my apartment. Perfect timing! I got inside and felt immediate calmness. I missed being home! My favorite part of coming home was the reaction I got from my cat, Callie. She came around the corner and looked at me, her eyes lit up! She meowed and meowed really loud and ran over to me. She rubbed up against my leg telling me she was so glad to see me. This made me feel so good! Later that night she made sure to come and snuggle with me to make me feel better. This is something she doesn't always do, so having her do this meant a lot! She tried to lay right on my incision. When I didn't let her, she moved to my right hip.

I think she knows that my hip is hurting. I really felt this when I was lying on my stomach a few months ago on the couch. She came up and sat on my back and started massaging my LEFT hip! It was hurting really bad at the time and it really made it feel better! Animals seem to be able to sense a lot! I love my little kitty :)

Here are some pictures of the car ride home:



No comments:

Post a Comment