Sunday, April 29, 2012

Don't tell me I can't!

I decided to post my goals for after surgery. I wanted to be able to look back and see how far I've come....

Goal #1
I found out about my hip dysplasia when I got a stress fracture in my hip after training for a marathon last year. That dream of running my first marathon hasn't gone away. One day I want to be able to cross the finish line and think back to everything that I have gone through. I am going to have so much motivation to finish. 26.2 miles seems like such a little task compared to PAO surgery.

Goal #2
Become a tri-athlete! I love long distance running and swimming. Why wouldn't I want to complete a triathlon?! Plus, I most likely will be able to do this before I can run a full marathon!

Goal #3
Get back in shape! Since I have so much trouble walking I have really gotten out of shape. I have been trying to swim when I can, but it is hard to get to the pool. I want to be able to do the little things I used to like parking far away to get more exercise or choosing to use the stairs instead of the elevator. Such simple things but right now impossible to do.

Goal #4
I want to get a tattoo to cover up/go around my giant PAO scar. I have a couple picked out but who knows what I'll end up getting. I wanted to get a tattoo after surgery in order to help make it more exciting and take away some of the stress.

Goal #5
I know this is an obvious one, but I want to finally be able to not think about my hip. I have to think of it every second of every day because of the pain. I can't wait until I can go an entire day without thinking of my hip once! 



I know these goals are very far away right now. However, I don't want to forget about them. I am striving to complete all these goals! It's what is keeping me going.



(15 days until surgery)

2 comments: