Saturday, April 14, 2012

One month to go.....

I just read a fellow "hip sister's" blog. She is now running 1/2 marathons a few years after her PAO surgery. This is really an inspiration. I aspire to be able to complete a marathon and after my diagnosis with hip dysplasia I never thought that I would get to. I was told by one of the surgeons that I would never get to! However, this girls blog shows me that there is a chance that I can. I realize that these races will be far in the future and I am going to have to start small. But just the idea that it is possible gives me so much hope.

My surgery is exactly one month from today. I have an appointment scheduled on Monday to give my first blood donation to the Red Cross. I have never given that much blood before and I must say I am kinda nervous. I know that giving blood marks that the surgery is close. And, yes, that freaks me out! I have heard such positive things off of other hip blogs and I can't wait to be writing those myself. I wish I didn't have to wait another month and could be already done with surgery and in recovery. I know the closer it gets, the less sleep I'm going to get. I already toss and turn at night from the discomfort of my hip. 30 days to go and I'm ready now!

No comments:

Post a Comment