Saturday, April 14, 2012

Why me?

You know that feeling of being completely submerged in water with only your nostrils above able to get air? The feeling of all sounds being blended together. All colors and images smudged. You can feel pressure on your chest when you breathe. Flickers of light pass by your eyes. You can feel the top layer of water like it was a layer of jell-o. Take a moment and just image yourself in that position. No way to get out of the water further than that. You just have to stay there, breathing little by little, hoping that no water sneaks in your nostril. Can you put yourself being stuck there? If you can, you know how I am feeling right now.
No control over the situation, questions as to why and how I got there, questions as to how to get out.
Right now, there are so many questions. Questions with all the wrong answers.

Sometimes I wonder to myself, why me? Why should I have to deal with such a life altering situation? Why should I have to deal with pain constantly? Why can't I run anymore? Dance anymore? Walk anymore? Why is it difficult to do minor things like walk to the kitchen? Why should I be worrying about my hip every second of every day? Why me?

However, there have been times where I can see "why me?" Why am I able to fight through the pain and still have a good time with friends? Why am I able to keep a positive attitude even though I am going through so much? Why do I put everyone else's problems before my own? Why can I still put a smile on my face even though with each step I should be wincing? Why is it possible for me to get through this? So why me? Because I am strong enough to deal with this head on! I am strong enough to be able to deal with the pains and struggles. I believe its "why me?" because I know that I can do this!

So if you ever get yourself into a state of mind where you think you can't handle it. Stop and think for a minute. Why me? But don't answer that question with a negative like it usually is. Answer with all the positives that you can think of. All your strengths. Because this is the only true answer of Why me?

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you have been able to stay so positive through this whole thing. I think you will be a huge inspiration to others when you tell them your story. You have already overcome so much to be a successful student, friend, and family member. I believe you can do anything!

    ReplyDelete